Our WebGems selection for July, 2014 is a brilliant “Act FAST,” a “Maude’s Meddlings” presentation from Emeritus Senior Living. Stroke is the third leading cause of death in the USA but more than a third of Americans wouldn’t recognize symptoms. You could help save a life by paying attention to this little two minute video:
Posted with permission from Emeritus Senior Living.
MORE ABOUT STROKES
Strokes can come on suddenly, and you need to act FAST for best outcomes
- F – FACE ask the person to smile. Does the face droop? Sticking out the tongue, is it crooked? Is one eye droopy?
- A – raising both arms, does one drift downward?
- S – speech – can a person repeat a simple phrase or is speech slurred or strange?
- T – time – stroke comes on suddenly… and you need to act FAST
These sudden symptoms might be present…
- SUDDEN numbness or weakness of face, arm or leg – especially on one side of the body.
- SUDDEN confusion, trouble speaking or understanding.
- SUDDEN trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- SUDDEN trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
- SUDDEN severe headache with no known cause
WebGems are a regular feature of curated content, selected by members of our team and meant to enrich your faith experience. We intend to spand a wide range of genres, introducing artists and now also eMinistry content that may be new and fresh to our viewers.
Our thanks to Emeritus Senior Living for creating this very helpful presentation and granting us permission to post it as a WebGem on our site.
If you would like to suggest a potential WebGem, we’d love to hear from you.
Peace and blessings!