A merry heart does you good, like a medicine: but a broken spirit dries your bones. – Proverb 17:22
Here for your viewing pleasure, our list of Top Ten Comedies with a Spiritual Side. What do you think, did we catch your favorites?
Top Ten Comedy Picks
- Groundhog Day – Waking up day after day, what would you do?
- Blues Brothers – They’re on a mission… from God!
- Galaxy Quest – Burnt out sci-fi actors must save a planet.
- Sister Act – Whoopie Goldberg is hilarious posing as a nun.
- Bedazzled (1967) – A silly retake on the original Faustian bargain.
- All of Me – Steve Martin mistakenly incorporates Lily Tomlin’s soul.
- The Men Who Stare At Goats – George Clooney in an army unit exploring paranormal powers.
- The Truman Show – A salesman finds out his whole life is a TV show.
- Amelie – A young woman decides to add a little sparkle the lives around her.
- Sullivan’s Travels (1941) – A depression-era comedy director who wants to make a serious movie takes to the road as a hobo!
- Scrooged! – A funny retelling of a classic Dickens tale, the awakening of the heart to humankind, featuring Bill Murray.
um… that’s eleven. sorry…
About Top Ten Features
Top Ten Features are a regular offering from NHM Ministrants. We hope you enjoy these new Top Ten lists as much as we’ve enjoyed creating them for you. Please share them widely, and enjoy the other resources available on our website.
Peace and blessings!