Ed·u·ca·tion /ejəˈkāshən/- Noun: the act of sharing knowledge, skills, or experience.
Mis·ed·u·ca·tion /misˈejəˈkāshən/- Noun: the communication of information that, while believed to be true, is actually misleading.
We participate in education whenever knowledge, skills or experience is passed along from one to another in any formalized manner, whether through a school, an apprenticeship, or a group study or other setting.
Select General Bible Verses on Education
- Bible bottom line: seek wisdom above all things ! For example, Proverb 13:20: They that walk with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed. See our WebDef entry on Wisdom for many more references.
- Of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. – Eccl. 12:12b
Select Bible Verses on Education as a Path to God
- And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. – Romans 12:2
- For wisdom is a defense, and money is a defense: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it. – Eccl. 7:12
Select Bible Verses on Miseducation
- Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. – Colossians 2:8
- There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. – Prov 14:12
See our related WebDef pages, such as that on Wisdom, and our Take Action on Education page for how-to ideas on getting involved !
What are WebDefs?
WebDefs – simple definitions of key terms relating to ministry and healing arts – are a regular feature of NHM Ministrants. Offered (where applicable) in conjunction with select key scriptural passages and analysis, WebDefs can be a useful starting place for exploring a topic of interest.