This page is dedicated to our students from the School of Urban Mission in Trichy, India. We’re honored that you’re interested in using our materials in your ministries.
Lord’s Prayer – Some of the Many Languages of India
In addition to the above, we offer text for Bengali. Visit our Lord’s Prayer Project Page for more video selections, as well as a detailed analysis of The Lord’s Prayer useful in teaching, as well as a handy how-to for using The Lord’s Prayer as the basis of a multi-cultural peace-raising event.
Effectiveness in Making Change
All of us want to be effective, when working on important projects we care about. After all, real change can be hard. We want to help you be effective. That’s why we’re going to great lengths to share what we know. Our Director received some great advice from former United States President – and master social entrepreneur – James Earl “Jimmy” Carter. In a nutshell, the advice is simple: follow your vision, use your special skills, address a chasm, work in partnership, share the credit, measure for feedback, and stay the course. Below, we have excerpted important highlights of the Seven Pillars Methodology, and supplemented with biblical references. Download the compressed (zipped) file and unzip it, and you will find the document.
- Seven Pillar Essentials – For Our Trichy Students
- Telugu Quick Translation – Seven Pillars to Discern Your Path – స్పష్టమైన పనితీరుకు ఏడు స్థంబాలు (spastamaina panitheeruku yedu sthambaalu)
- VISION=ఊహాత్మక దృష్టి (oohathmka drusti)
- SPECIAL SKILLS=ప్రత్యేక నైపుణ్యాలు (prathyeka naipunyalu)
- NON-DUPLICATION=నకలు కానిది ,స్వచమైన కళ (nakalu kaanidi swachamaina kala)
- PARTERNERSHIP= భాగస్వామ్యం (bagaswamyam)
- FEEDBACK=తిరిగి అనుభవాన్ని తెలియపరుచుట (tirigi anubhavanni theliyaparuchuta)
- CREDITSHARING=గౌరవాన్ని ,ఖ్యాతిని
- STAYING POWER=దేవుని అధికారములో శక్తి లో నిలిచియుండుట (devuni adhikaaramulo shakthi lo nilichiyunduta)
For those of you who wish to go deeper, see the eBook, Intelligence & Compassion in Action; The Seven Pillars for Social Entrepreneurs.
Accurate assessment (or evaluation) is an essential first step in providing care. It’s useful whether you’re a minister, a healing professional, or just a caring friend, in your daily life. It helps you know where to help, by figuring out what area is really troubling someone. The training video below, introducing the Spiritual-Holistic Inquiry Process, or S.H.I.P., was filmed in Tamil Nadu, India. The framework can help you, as a minister, to consider the whole person and life setting, and to capture important clues to wellness and wholeness. You may also find it to be useful in other ways, such as analyzing your own city, when working to bring about lasting, measurable, transformative and positive change. [example use cases] ~*~ [handy PDF worksheet]
Using the S.H.I.P. is simple. First, familiarize yourself with the framework, so it can inform your encounters. Next, try it out for yourself. It is meant to be intuitive. Here are more ways to help you remember the SHIP, including a poem and three songs recorded in India:
- Telugu Quick Translation
1. IN ME=MIND AND BODY క్రీస్తు నాలో ఉన్నాడు (నా దేహములో మరియు నా ఆలోచనలలో )
2. ON ME= (THE ROLES AND TRAPPING OF STATION)నా ఆపదలో, సమస్యల ఫై
3. AROUND ME=నా చుట్టూ ఆవరణం లో
4. ABOVE ME=(QUALITY OF RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD) పైన (దేవునితో సాన్నిహిత్యం )
5. BELOW ME=(FROM ROOTS) హెచ్చు తగ్గులలో( కుల మత బేధ వర్ణ వివిక్ష)
6. BEHIND ME=నన్ను నడిపించు వాడు
7. BEFORE ME= నన్ను ఎరిగి నాకొరకై ముందుగ ప్రణాళిక ఏర్పరచిన వాడై ఉన్నాడు
Breathing Butterfly – Indian Language Offerings
Below, stress-reducing meditations for children in Hindi and Urdu, brought to you by The Elfenworks Foundation. Visit their <a href=”http://elfenworks.org/butterfly”>Project Website</a> for songs and activities, parent instructions, project background and more. Posted with permission:
Pastor Fish Children’s Ministry – India Extras
We enjoyed ourselves, trying to spice up the songs from The Pastor Fish Radio Hour children’s ministry toolkit with a slightly Indian flavor. If you perform and record your own versions, we’d love to hear them. The sheet music is online and available for free download at Score Exchange, and the entire album is available here. Of course, you’ll also want to download the lessons and print the coloring page.
Check Back Again !
From time to time, we’ll add to this page, so do check back again. And please consider making use of all the materials on our site, rather than limiting yourselves to what you find on this page alone.
May God bless and keep you, and God’s face shine upon you, lifting God’s countenance and giving you peace.
–Your friends at NHM Ministrants