Accep'tance /?k'sept?ns/ – Noun: The quality of being received as adequate or suitable, typically to be admitted into or remain a part of a group. To provide, or to feel, a sense of welcome or favorable reception.
"I have always been rather better received in San Francisco than I actually deserved."
– Mark Twain
Everyone loves to be accepted and well received. Not being fully loved and accepted can most definitely take a toll on a person's mental and physical health, and extreme forms of exclusion can be dangerous and deadly. We feel blessed to be situated in the Bay Area, an area that prides itself on being accepting. Perhaps it's the fact there are so many immigrant communities, so many people who can recall what it feels like to be "strangers in the land of Egypt (Ex. 22:21). Below are a few select Bible quotes on the importance of acceptance.
Select Bible Quotes on Acceptance
- Romans 15:7 – Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.
- Matt. 7:1-2 – Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you.
- James 4:11 – Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
- John 7:24 – Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
- Matt 22:36-39 – Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
- Exodus 22:21 – Thou shalt neither vex a stranger nor oppress him, for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
Not All Like That, a Tale of Acceptance
Download Fire Ephemerals Video
What are WebDefs?
WebDefs – simple definitions of key terms relating to ministry and healing arts – are a regular feature of NHM Ministrants. Offered (where applicable) in conjunction with select key scriptural passages and analysis, WebDefs can be a useful starting place for exploring a topic of interest.