Dedication /dedəˈkāSH(ə)n/ – Noun: The quality of being wholeheartedly committed to a purpose.
The following song, by the band A Moment's Worth illustrates dedication beautifully:
Grateful thanks to A Moment's Worth for allowing us to embed this content.
Ten Biblical Examples of Dedication
- Jesus – was willing to live and die for us because of His great love.
- Mary – said "yes" to God, brought Jesus into the world, and then dedicated her life to raising Jesus.
- Joseph – stood by Mary and raised Jesus as his own son.
- St. Paul & the original apostles – dedicated their lives to spreading the Gospel.
- David – a shepherd, anointed as king, who slew Goliath.
- Esther – so dedicated to her people, she defied the law and went before the king to save them.
- Daniel – so dedicated to prayer, he was thrown in with the lions for it (and survived).
- Moses, who dedicated his life to leading his people to freedom (after a rough start, including murder, and running away).
- Deborah – a Prophetess and wise and courageous judge dedicated to her people.
- ...your vote here! Does Noah get this spot? Abraham? Isaac? Jacob? Let us know!
Select Bible Quotes on Dedication
- James 5:11Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful.
- 2 Peter 1:5-7 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.
- Revelation 2:2 "'I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false
What are WebDefs?
WebDefs – simple definitions of key terms relating to ministry and healing arts – are a regular feature of NHM Ministrants. Offered (where applicable) in conjunction with select key scriptural passages and analysis, WebDefs can be a useful starting place for exploring a topic of interest.