Har·mo·ny /ˈhärmənē/ – Noun: A combination that is pleasing to experience, and works together.
The following biblical passages provide guidance about how to live a more tranquil, peaceful, harmonious life.
Select Bible Passages on Harmony
- (Jesus said) And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. – Matthew 5:41
- Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. – Matthew 22:33-40
- With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. – Ephesians 4:2-3
- Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. – 1 Corinthians 1:10
- Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore. – Psalm 133
- And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. – Isaiah 2:4
- A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. – Prov 18:24
- Fulfill ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. –Philippians 2:2
- Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. – Romans 14:13
- For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. – Galatians 5:13
- Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently – 1 Peter 1:22
See also WebDefs on related topics, including Love, Nonharming, and Peace, Discord, Strife, etcetera.
What are WebDefs?
WebDefs – simple definitions of key terms relating to ministry and healing arts – are a regular feature of NHM Ministrants. Offered (where applicable) in conjunction with select key scriptural passages and analysis, WebDefs can be a useful starting place for exploring a topic of interest.