Om·ni·pres·ence /ämnəˈprez(ə)ns/ – Noun: Existing everywhere, on all planes and at all times.
God is always with us, at once transcendent – greater than us – and also immanent – nearer than our very breath. God is everywhere, and at every time: past, present and future. This is what we mean by the omnipresence of God.
Select Bible Passages on Omnipresence
- The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good. – Proverb 15:3
- Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. – Psalm 139: 7-12
- [Jesus said] And, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. – Matthew 28:20b
- Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection? It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know? The measure thereof is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea. – Job 11:7-9
- For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings. There is no darkness, nor shadow of death, where the workers of iniquity may hide themselves. – Job 23:21-22
- Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord. – Jeremiah 23:24
What are WebDefs?
WebDefs – simple definitions of key terms relating to ministry and healing arts – are a regular feature of NHM Ministrants. Offered (where applicable) in conjunction with select key scriptural passages and analysis, WebDefs can be a useful starting place for exploring a topic of interest.