Sol·i·dar·i·ty /säləˈderədē/ – Noun: Purposeful unity. Also, like-minded cooperation to promote a common cause.
You are not alone. The Bible makes it clear: God will never abandon nor forsake us. Even so, it is part of the human condition to feel alone and abandoned, from time to time. From the quotes below it becomes clear: God loves you, and even when it feels as if you're going through the valley of death's shadow, God is with you. Consider the following: people you may never meet actually created this website and this page, and you were led to it.
Select Bible Passages on Solidarity
- [Jesus said] And, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. – Matthew 28:20b
- Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. – Psalm 63:3
- When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up. – Psalm 27:10
- The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. – Psalm 23
- Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not – 1 John 3:1 KJV
- For God so loved the world,that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life. – John 3:16
- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. – Romans 5:8
- Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Romans 8:37-39
- Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.. – 2 Corinthians 1:3-5
- I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles. To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. – Isaiah 42:6-7
- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. – Jeremiah 29:11-13
Bible Stories to Consider
- The story of Lazarus and the Rich Man illustrates how alone one can feel, with no one to share in our suffering, but that the outcome was beneficial to Lazarus, not the rich man. See Luke 16:19-31.
Favorite Non-Biblical Quotes on Solidarity
- It is the "not-me" in thee that makes thee precious to me. –Old Quaker Proverb
What are WebDefs?
WebDefs – simple definitions of key terms relating to ministry and healing arts – are a regular feature of NHM Ministrants. Offered (where applicable) in conjunction with select key scriptural passages and analysis, WebDefs can be a useful starting place for exploring a topic of interest.